Los Angeles based Pop-punk band, Orange, launched a "Pledge Music" page on February 20th of this year hoping to collect enough resources to have their own headlining tour across the pond. Having opened for some of my personal favorites, such as: Bowling For Soup, Zebrahead, and Reel Big Fish, the band has gathered quite a following in the UK. Lead singer and bassist Joe Dexter, a Brit himself, and son of an award winning producer, has been on the scene since moving to Los Angeles in 2002, and signed with Tim Armstrong's Hellcat Records, a sub-level of Epitaph Records.
Their Tour Fund was at currently at 57% at the time of this writing with 14 pledges from very generous fans they hope to collect all the funds on April 22nd. The band will reward every pledge made over £8 which awards the backer MP3 downloads of their first demo tracks, while the most ambitious pledge of £320 gets you a private, acoustic house show. Other incentives range from a signed set list, to private guitar lessons, or even collaborating with the band. As an additional incentive 5% of all donations go to the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, which actively supports excellence in research and clinical care for the disease Joe was born with.
These amazing rockers are hoping to hit the UK soon, and with a few donations they could be playing a city near you!
Check out this short video about the fund:
Current tour dates are listed below:
- Jun 14 - Ouch! Bar FREE ADMISSION - Brighton, United Kingdom
- Jun 15 - Met Lounge - Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Jun 16 - The Cockpit 3 - Leeds, United Kingdom
- Jun 17 - Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
- Jun 18 - Rescue Rooms - Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Jun 19 - Ivory Blacks - Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Jun 20 - 02 Academy - Newcastle, United Kingdom
- Jun 21 - Basement 73 - Swindon, United Kingdom
- Jun 22 - 02 Academy - Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Jun 23 - 02 Academy - London, United Kingdom