It's the start of a new year and Green Day have a HUGE reason to celebrate! The band is resuming their canceled tour from last fall by announcing Billie Joe Armstrong's return to the stage beginning March 28th in Rosemont, Ill. at the Allstate Arena and wrapping up April 12th in Quebec City, Quebec at the Quebec Colisee Pepsi. These will include some dates on the East Coast, Midwest as well as some gigs in Canada.
Armstrong posted a message to adoring fans via his Instagram (@bj_unoxx):
“Dear friends … I just want to thank you all for the love and support you’ve shown for the past few months. Believe me, it hasn’t gone unnoticed and I’m eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I’m getting better every day. So now, without further ado, the show must go on. We can’t wait to get on the road and live out loud! Our passion has only grown stronger.
So now, without further ado, the show must go on.. We can't wait to get on the road and live out loud! Our passion has only grown stronger.
Happy New Year
We love you all
Rage and Love
P.S.. Green Day tour in March."
The punk rockin' trio are also promising "additional West Coast dates to be announced early in 2013." Show dates for states across North America or other parts of the world remains to be seen.
Current tour dates below:
- March 28 – Rosemont, Ill., Allstate Arena
- March 29 – Moline, Ill., I Wireless Center
- March 31 – Pittsburgh, Pa., Consol Energy Center
- April 1 – Rochester, N.Y., Blue Cross Arena
- April 3 – Philadelphia, Pa., The Liacouras Center
- April 4 – Fairfax, Va., Patriot Center
- April 6 – Uncasville, Conn., Mohegan Sun Arena
- April 7 – Brooklyn, N.Y., Barclays Center
- April 9 – Providence, R.I., Dunkin' Donuts Center
- April 11 – Toronto, Ontario, Air Canada Centre
- April 12 – Quebec City, Quebec, Quebec Colisee Pepsi